Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

Distress paint play

I bought distress paints a while ago and hadn't got round to using them much do decided I would have a play with them this weekend. I love blues and purples together so decided to use those for this tag

I put the paints onto my craft mat, spritzed with water then dried with my heat tool. I then added seedless preserve and tumbled glass distress inks on top to blend some bits in that hadn't caught on the mat then edged with black soot and then stamped randomly on my background using a couple of background stamps. I added some washi and card candi and stamped butterflies from tim holtz and indigo blu. I stamped my saying from indigo blu onto manilla then blended tumbled glass onto it and edged with seedless preserves and black soot. I cut my butterfly out and coloured using distress markers then added it to my tag. 
I love the way you can make a really quick background with the distress paints and was looking forward to creating another couple when my baby woke up from her nap, so that put paid to that idea :-@

Have left a seriously messy dining table to finish playing later!does anyone else's look like this lol. I always intend to be tidy but always seem to lose the battle along the way :-@ Well back to looking after my little monkeys and the table will have to wait a little while longer .....
 


2 comments:

  1. Ohh love the colours of this! Really beautiful tag, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou. I am loving the new distress paints and can't wait to use them lots more :-)

    ReplyDelete